Smarter siding solutions have increased dramatically in popularity since homeowners discovered longer-lasting, more durable options. Traditional siding materials are prone to chipping and peeling paint, damage, or warping; so the residential siding market has experienced a remarkable shift towards better performing and more attractive new products. Siding manufacturers must stay up-to-date on the latest design and style trends, as well as taking advantage of the newest technologies and developing solutions for aesthetic and durability issues.
For both the renovation and new construction segments this year, siding will continue to be a popular choice for contractors and consumers to differentiate their projects. Keeping up with the current styles allows homes to look fresh for years to come.
Below are a few hot siding trends for 2018:
- Lights and darks: Both light and dark tones are in right now. But more and more we are seeing a combination of the two. This juxtaposition allows both colors to pop, giving depth to home exteriors. Whether using one or two tones, Everlast® has a range of deep rich colors to choose from for any home.
- Traditional wood exteriors: This look continues to be very popular for homeowners this year. Today, you can achieve a traditional look with products that are far from traditional. In fact, some new composite siding products, such as Everlast®, perfectly replicate the grain of real cedar, but without susceptibility to severe weather – from extreme heat to high winds, subzero temperatures, and even hail. Everlast®’s composition also means it never needs to be painted, as its UV-resistant acrylic cap provides outstanding fade resistance. The result is a traditional look with modern, virtually maintenance-free performance.
- Trim and accessories: Siding accessories are gaining attention as a way to personalize home exteriors. With Everlast®, homeowners can color-match the trim to the siding, or choose a white cellular PVC trim for a clean look that complements any color – giving an upgraded appearance to the home.
- Sustainability: The green trend has taken hold in the building product industry and is here to stay. Everlast® Advanced Composite Siding is made with the environment in mind and leaves a very small environmental footprint.
- 100% Recyclable content
- Inorganic minerals
- No natural wood fibers depleting natural woodland resources
- No harmful silica dust created in cutting like some fiber cement siding products
Learn about Everlast®’s industry-leading lifetime warranty here.
Plus, Everlast® eliminates the requirement for paint, stains, or caulking.
Read more about how Everlast® Advanced Composite Siding meets all of today’s trends here.